On-Site Construction Office,
Suite 130, coming soon
Construction Schedule July 24, 2017
Lobby Poster August 1, 2017
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF PROJECT
We are excited to announce the Lobby Renovation Project at Kaiser Center—an undertaking that transforms our current lobby into an open, inviting, and refreshed entrance to the building for our tenants.
In place of the existing columns, soffits, and escalator is a new double-height lobby, achieving a bright and accessible central space. The design will feature timeless materials and finishes that are a nod to the mid-century Kaiser Tower.
A two-story travertine wall and terrazzo staircase that curves the west end of the lobby provides clear wayfinding between floors, and expands the views of Lake Merritt—allowing for a greater visual connection between tenants and the natural outdoors. Tenants on the ground floor can enjoy the view of the lake and adjacent park as they connect and converse from the lobby’s contemporary seating arrangements.
The result is a dynamic, fresh entrance that continues to position Kaiser Center as one of Oakland’s leading office buildings.
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION IMPACT
- July 31st: DPR’s Office Opens (Suite 130 across from FedEx)
- August 9th: Temporary Rope and Barriers
- August 11th: Construction Fencing in Outer Drive & Sign Installation - Outer Drive Closed for an Extended Period
- August 21st: Corridor Installation
- September 4th: Start Demo of the Lobby Fountain and Escalators