7AM – 3:30PM
In Case of Emergencies,
Contact Security 510-271-6131
Construction Schedule July 24, 2017
2nd Floor Low-Rise Elevator Bank May 3, 2018
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF PROJECT
We are excited to announce the Lobby Renovation Project at Kaiser Center—an undertaking that transforms our current lobby into an open, inviting, and refreshed entrance to the building for our tenants.
In place of the existing columns, soffits, and escalator is a new double-height lobby, achieving a bright and accessible central space. The design will feature timeless materials and finishes that are a nod to the mid-century Kaiser Tower.
A two-story travertine wall and terrazzo staircase that curves the west end of the lobby provides clear wayfinding between floors, and expands the views of Lake Merritt—allowing for a greater visual connection between tenants and the natural outdoors. Tenants on the ground floor can enjoy the view of the lake and adjacent park as they connect and converse from the lobby’s contemporary seating arrangements.
The result is a dynamic, fresh entrance that continues to position Kaiser Center as one of Oakland’s leading office buildings.
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION IMPACT
- Assemble Scaffold in Atrium to Access Ceilings
- Removal of Wall and Ceilling Finishes on 1st and 2nd Floors
Lobby Construction Activities:
- Modify/Install new HVAC and Electrical Systems
- Install New Fire Sprinkler System
- Frame Ceilings
New Lobby Stair Construction:
- New Stair Foundation
- Install Structural Steel Supports
Elevator Bank Remodels:
- Open 1st Floor Low Rise bank on May 12th
- Barricade Low-Rise on 2nd Floor (5/12/2018- Early July 2018) - For more information click here
- Demo Existing Finishes
- Framing, Electrical and HVAC Modifications
- Install New Finishes
In Case of Emergencies, Please Contact Security at 510-271-6131.
For Questions or Concerns, Please Visit DPR's Office During Office Hours or Email KaiserCenter@dpr.com